Saturday, January 4, 2014

Slim Down Saturday -- Will You Be "My Fitness Pal?"

Like many others out there, I am looking to get healthier in this new year.  Losing weight is not a "resolution" (because I don't make those), but as my "One Word" this year is FORWARD, I feel I need to move forward with becoming healthier.

So I'm looking for some help from my (blogging) friends...

I just found this very cool linky party for getting healthy at Third Grade Tidbits.  Years ago when I did Weight Watchers, I know the accountability of the weekly check-in was HUGE!  I really like the idea of this linky party -- maybe it will be just what I need!  Thanks, Gina, for organizing this!!

So here's where I begin...

I am currently using the app, My Fitness Pal, to log my eating and exercise diaries.  There is a very nice feature in it where I can connect with friends for extra support and encouragement.
This is where you come in....

If you are connected with My Fitness Pal and want to be fitness friends, please let me know by leaving your email address in a comment below.  I will send you an invite from my account and we can motivate and inspire each other in our journey to be healthier this year.

For me, I think I need the accountability.  I have already become fitness friends with Lisa Bee at Grade 4 Buzz and knowing that she will see my updates has really kept me on track!  (Thanks, Lisa!!)

Wishing you good health!

10 comments:

  1. 4 days on the treadmill is awesome!!! I know the goal for next week feeling- I am terrified about going back to work and just giving up. Hopefully the blogging will make me not give up... because no one wants to look like a quitter in public right? Haha. That's my theory anyways. I thought about joining the gym (it is only $15 a month!) just so I could use the treadmill a few times a week but I am trying to figure out how to make it work with our crazy opposite schedules and a two year old. Thanks for linking up! I look forward to your progress!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this linky! I'll link up next week… or today if I get my act together. I tried My Fitness Pal but stopped because it was free… I guess I need to pay to be motivated. :) So this past fall I switched back to WW. Good luck on your journey!

    Also - is Peek on for tomorrow? I have a post ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am nervous about afternoon snacking and not working out once school starts back up on Monday, too. Great job working out on the treadmill 4 times this past week. I just started back to the gym yesterday. It felt great. Now I just need to keep it up. Good luck this week!
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is awesome knowing you are there, Jennifer! I need to get rid of all of these Holiday treats in my house so my meal tracker doesn't always say "chips", "candied pecans"... Goodbye late night snacks!!! You are my only friend on My Fitness Pal. I would love some more too. :)
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  5. erinelizabethtaylor@yahoo.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post! I too am working on my health this year and my OLW is similar to yours...mine is "moving forward". I'm on MFP and I'd love to be friends! rachbv(at)yahoo(dot)com I'm going to check out this linky party now!
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I will link up next week with you:).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer,

    I found you through the Saturday Slimdown! I saw one of your comments over at Stellar Student's about maybe doing T25 with your husband. I bought T25 back in November and just haven't been able to stay motivated! I really want to get back into it! If you do, let me know what you think. I usually like dance-type workouts so I get bored...but it's only 25 minutes so that is HUGE selling point! I just need to do it!!

    Kate :)
    McDee's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for this post i love it! try visiting this blog you can also find a good posts here! http://preserveyoursexyhealth.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)