Sunday, September 28, 2014

A {Last} Peek at My Week {9-28-14}

Happy Sunday everyone!  Welcome to another Peek at My Week.  I hope you will share your plans for the upcoming week.
The beginning of the year has been crazy and I am just now been feeling like I am starting to catch up.  Do you know that feeling?  This is what my life has felt like lately...
But I guess that's what weekends were made for...

So you may have noticed that I labeled this post my {last} Peek at My Week.  Yes, it is true, this will be the final edition of this linky party.  There are lots of other great things I'd like to do with this blog and I just feel it's time for a change.  I thank all of you who have linked up in the past.  I have learned so much from you.  On the bright side, Positive Thinking Thursday will continue!  I hope to see your link ups there!

Now on with my plans for this week...

I'm excited to announce that our Chromebooks have arrived and we are now a 1:1 classroom!  They were delivered on Friday and the kids couldn't wait to use them.  They are even touchscreen!


This is perfect timing because I am beginning my guided reading groups this week.  One of the activities the students will be required to do is to visit the Wonderopolis website.

Because our tech has been limited up until the arrival of the Chromebooks, we have only been able to explore this website one time a week which we called Wonder Wednesdays.

In Science, we are also beginning a new unit on the Human Body Systems.  This is one of my favorite units to teach and the kids love it too.  One of their favorite activities is showing how the stomach turns food into a soupy mix by putting a saltine cracker into a sandwich baggie with a couple teaspoons of water and then massaging the bag until the cracker is mush.  It looks pretty gross but it gets the point across.

An InLinkz Link-up

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Those chromebooks look great! I'm going to start getting the laptops out for a guided reading activity this week too - hopefully it'll keep some of them quiet!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of Wonder Wednesdays! I might need to incorporate that into my room too! :) Thanks for hosting! :)
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for stopping by! I would love it if you would leave me a comment to let me know that you were here. (Please make sure that you are not a "No Reply Blogger" so that I can email you back.)